Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Experience

The experience was amazing. My first trip abroad 14 hours away from home and 11,000 feet above sea level was one I will always cherish. As a lone traveler, I was very nervous and held a pretty tough guard during my time there. I learned that people are very friendly in Cusco and they are very trusting. I was not treated like a tourist, I was treated like family. I learned Spanish during my time there earning a certificate acknowledging that I could speak at a high basic level. I also learned a lot about the healthcare in Peru. I was very interested in how things were done compared to the US and I can testify that things are definitely different and I am very thankful for the technologies and people that we have that strive to exceed our healthcare. It was a fun and memorable experience for me. 

Will I do it again? Of course! I want to take all of my friends with me next time because this is an experience that everyone should get. Thank you Peru, thank you Maximo Nivel, thank you International Volunteer HQ and thank you Jesus for protecting me and allowing me to have such a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment